Dell Pharmacies are locally owned and operated with 270 employees and 15 stores in Hamilton, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Beamsville, Brantford, Dunnville, Smithville, St. Catharines and Burlington. Much has changed since the founders of Dell Pharmacy opened a chemist shop in Brantford, Ontario in 1967. The shop was located in a plaza called "The Farmer's Dell" hence the official corporate name Dell Chemists.
The original store concept was based on the small chemist shops in Britain where only prescriptions were sold. As the company grew, the pharmacists realized that they had to sell other health related products such as analgesics, antacids, laxatives and first aid items. The first few stores were no more than 600 - 1000 square feet in size. Today the stores range in size from 1000 - 15,000 square feet and sell a much larger range of products including cosmetics, confectionery, cards, home health and patient aids.
Dell customers receive personalized dispensing services such as drug usage monitoring, prescription medication handouts, counseling and consulting services, adherence medication programs and professional compounding.Dell Pharmacists believe that their professional responsibilities go beyond the pharmacy and into the communities they serve. Dell Pharmacies has a long tradition of supporting patient needs in the community including seniors' residences and long-term care facilities. Dell pharmacists speak to health care groups, local employers, etc. on various aspects of pharmacy. Dell Pharmacies also sponsor public seminars on a variety of health related topics of interest to their customers and the public including cholesterol, diabetes, varicose veins, etc